Cell for Case Study and Research (CSR)
- To develop cases and associated research as a centre of excellence for facilitating and creation of teaching and practicing cases
- To be a preferred source of teaching and practicing cases for global (business) schools
Published Cases (2013-14)
- Materials Requirement Planning at A-CAT Corp, Ivey Publishing (9B12D003) by Dr J Sharma and T Agrawal
- Sleeping with the Enemy: Underage Tobacco Smoking, ECCH (313-149-1) by Dr R Patnaik
- Teaching Note: Sleeping with the Enemy: Underage Tobacco Smoking, ECCH (313-149-8) by Dr R Patnaik
- Constructing House of Quality - The A-CAT Corp Way, ECCH (613-029-1) by Dr J Sharma
- Teaching Note Constructing House of Quality - The A-CAT Corp Way, ECCH (613-029-8) by Dr J Sharma
- ABC Locomotive Works: Procurement Process, The Case Centre (613-040-1) by Dr J Sharma and Dr S Maheswaran
- Teaching Note: ABC Locomotive Works: Procurement Process, The Case Centre (613-040-8) by Dr J Sharma and Dr S Maheswaran
- ChakhLe, the Boutique Restaurant: Design or Serendipity, The Case Centre (813-064-1) by Dr R Patnaik
- Teaching Note: ChakhLe, the Boutique Restaurant: Design or Serendipity, The Case Centre (813-064-8) by Dr R Patnaik
- Organizational Inertia at Xerox: A Strategic Impediment, The Case Centre (313-255-1) by Dr R Patnaik
- Teaching Note: Organizational Inertia at Xerox: A Strategic Impediment, The Case Centre (313-255-8) by Dr R Patnaik
Ongoing Cases (for 2012-13)
- Field Case on Ajmera Tyres, Nagpur
- Field Case on Regrow Regen Services, Mumbai
- Field Case on Viira Cabs, Mumbai
- Field Case on Uzazi Fashion/Fiesta Clara, Pune
- Library Case: Economic Development of India
- Field Case: Eqic Dies and Moulds: Managing Growth, Hyderabad
- Field Case on Robin Group (Family Business), Nepal
- Field Case on Saera Auto Electric (SAEPL), New Delhi
- Library Case on Red Bull, Austria
Case Workshop (Upcoming):
- IMT-Ivey Case Writing and Teaching workshop at IMT-Nagpur from 06th to 09th Jan 2014 by Dr. Ariff Kachra: Ivey Business School, Canada.
- 3rd International Case Conference in Goa, India (29-30 Nov. & 1 Dec 2012)
- 4th International Case Conference in Goa, India (24-26 Sept. 2013)
IMT Case Journal
- Published regular issues Vol. 3 No. 2 and a special issue 2013 on Case Conference.
- In the process of publishing regular issue Vol. 4 No. 1.
- Two Field Cases are also being developed from the SEMAP Program (Entrepreneurship MDP).
- All field cases development requires a close interaction of the IMT Faculty with the proposed case company. Most of the interactions result in comprehending and appreciating importance of the issues that each thought were inexistent.
- Library cases help to bring out cases that could not be done on field for physical inability to get to the company and its operations. Moreover, usually cases on industry or economy warrant a library case approach over a field case approach.
- Internship or project work of students being considered for case development
- Faculty members are developing cases for their subjects
- Edited Book is being developed by the in-house faculty members of IMT Nagpur. Under progress.
- An FDP is being planned for March 2014 on Case Teaching Pedagogy.
- A Case Writing Workshop will be linked with the FDP in March 2014.
- Dr Rajnandan Patnaik (Coordinator)
- Dr Jitendra Sharma
- Dr S Maheswaran
- Dr Kulbir Singh
- Dr Sarbjit Singh
- Dr Jagannath Mohanty
IMT Case Journal Submission of articles related to case teaching, case writing, case reviewing, case research and case practice can be submitted to IMT Case Journal (ISSN: 2229-6743). IMTCJ accepts cases that are field-based or library-based provided they are factual and real. Submissions can be sent to the Editor: IMTCJ at email@example.com.
Future (Projects) Cases:
All students who feel that their internship or project work is substantial to be considered for case development can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Students can also intern with a faculty to develop a case.
Faculty members, who are developing cases for their subjects, can contribute in an active way to further the cause. Faculty members who desire support for their case development can also contact us at email@example.com.