OM & QT
Dr. K. Nilakantan
ProfessorOperations and Quantitative Methods Associate Dean (Research & PhD Committee)
Area Chairperson (Operations)Email (@imtnag.ac.in) : knilakantan
- Ph.D. (Management Studies) in 1991 from Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- M.S. (Mathematics), in 1993 from University of South Florida, USA.
- B. Tech (Chemical Engineering) in 1976 from Indian Institute of Technology, Madras .
Work Experience : 30 years (Academics - 21 yrs + Industry - 09 yrs)
- Professor - Operations, Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur since Nov 2005.
- Associate Professor - Operations Research and Mathematical Modelling, N.I.T.IE. (1995 -2005)
- Assistant Professor - (Operations Management), Institute of Rural Management, Anand (1994 -1995).
- Mathematics Instructor - Dept. of Mathematics, Univ. of South Florida, U.S.A (1991-1994).
- Faculty Member - Dept of Management Studies, BITS, Pilani (1986 -1987).
- Teachnical Consulting Officer - Corporation Bank (1983 -1986).
- Technical Services Engineer - Indianoil Corprn (1977 -1983).
- Evaluation of Staffing Policies in Markov Manpower Systems and their Extension to Organizations with Outsource Personnel, Journal of the Operational Research Society (UK), Published, Aug2015, Vol 66-8, pp1324-1340.
- Warehouse Control Systems for General Forms of Demand, International Journal of Operations and Quantitative Management, INFOMS, USA, Published, Vol 20-4, pp 273-299,Dec 2014.
- A Planning Model at a Broad Level incorporating the Effect of Technology Selection Decisions, International Journal of Engineering and Management Economy, Inderscience Publishers, (U.S.A.), Published, Vol 4-3/4, pp 291-315, 2014.(with D S Hegde)
- Supply Chains under Demands with Trend Components, and Robust Controls, Annals of Management Science, . USA, Published, International Centre for Business and Management Excellence, Franklin, Tennessee, USA.Vol 3-2, Dec 2014, pp 27-64.
- Estimation of Career Progression and Growth Properties in Markov Manpower Systems with a Competitive Climate, International Journal of Business and Systems Research, Published, 2013, Inderscience, USA, Vol 7-3, pp 292-316.
- Replenishment Policies for Warehouse Systems under Cyclic demand, International Journal of Business Performance and Supply Chain Modelling, Published, 2013, Inderscience, USA, Vol 5-2, pp 148-176.
- Supply Chains subject to Demand Shocks, International Journal of Logistics Systems and Management, Inderscience, USA, Published, 2015, Vol 21-2, pp133-159.
- Determination of Recruitment Age in Proportionality Markov Manpower Systems, International Journal of Applied Management Science, (U.K.) Published, (2011) , Vol 3-1, p 72-96
- Enhancing Supply Chain performance with improved Order-control Policies, International Journal of System Science (USA), Published, Sep2010, Vol 41-9, p 1099-1113, Taylor and Francis, USA.
- 'A Proportionality Model of Markov Manpower Systems', Journal of Modelling in Management , Published (2011), Vol 6 -1, pp 100-122, Emerald Publishing (UK). (jointly with Dr. Jayaram K. Sankaran and Dr. B. G. Raghavendra).
- Premiere Industries (A case in the Operations Area (Multi-stage Systems)), International Journal of Case Studies in Management, HEC-Montreal, Canada, Published, Dec2009 ( with R Gupta, A Kale)
- Length of service and Age Distributions in Proportionality Markov Manpower Systems, IMA Jl. of Management Mathematics (U.K.), Published June2008, vol 19-1, pp 245-268 (with B. G. Raghavendra )
- Optimal Marketing Strategies under varying Market Scenarios, International Journal of Operations and Quantitative Management( U.S.A.), Published December 2006, Vol 12-4, pp 1-18,(with Arunav Thripathi).
- A Systems Approach to Electrical Energy Management in an Industrial Estate, International Journal of Engineering Intelligent Systems in Electrical Engineering and Communications, CRL Publishing (UK.), Published 2005, Vol 13-1, pp3-8, (with S.S.Inamdar, DS Hegde)
- Control Aspects in a Proportionality Model of Makov Manpower Systems, Applied Mathematical Modelling, Published (2005) Vol 29-1, pp 85-115, Butterworth Publ., (UK),(with B.G.Raghavendra)
- Implications of Emerging Technologies on Econometric Modelling - The case of Production Functions, Published Feb. 2004 , "Econometric Modelling", Allied Publishers, India, (with D. S. Hegde).
- An Optimal Control Approach to Production-inventory Systems, National Conference on Agricultural Management Systems, National Academy for Agricultural Research & Management, Hyderabad, Dec. 2000.
- 'Length of Service Distributions in Proportionality Models of Markov Manpower Systems', presented at IIM Ahmedabad, National Conference on 'Stochastic Models in Management Science', IIM Ahmedabad, Jan. 1990.
- 'A Proportionality Model of Markov Manpower Systems' presented at the Operations Research Society of India, International Conference on 'O.R. in Industries', IIT Kharagpur, December, 1989.
- A Control Model for Production Systems', International Conference on System Dynamics, IIT Kharagpur, Dec. 1998.
- 'Production-Inventory Management - A System-Dynamic Approach', International Conference on Operations Management, IIM B'lore, Dec. 1998.
Area of Interests
Operations Management, Optimal Control Application, Dynamic Modelling.
Phone No.: +91-712-2805118
Email (@imtnag.ac.in): knilakantan