OB & HRM
Go back to Faculty Directory > Faculty Inner Page
Dr. Smita Dabholkar
Associate ProfessorOrganizational Behavior
Chairperson, Corporate Communication Comm.Phone No.: +91-712-2805148 Email (@imtnag.ac.in) : sdabholkar
- Certified Trainer for MBTI
- Ph.D, in Psychology, in 2011 from Nagpur University
- M.A (Industrial Psychology) in 2001 from Nagpur University
- B.A.in 1999 from Nagpur University
- Assistant Professor- IMT since March 2011 onwards
- Assistant Professor-Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Management Studies and Research, Deekshabhoomi Nagpur,Aug 2006 to Feb2011
- Lecturer-Priyadarshini college of Engineering and Architecture, Nagpur2004-2006
- Visiting faculty -Department of Psychology, (P.G.T.D), Nagpur University, 2001-2004
- Visiting faculty -Department of Business Management, Nagpur University.
Research and Publications
- Coffee-table motivational book titled, "Bury your Can't..Why ask for a job? Why not create one?"(a compilation of success stories of first, second and third generation entrepreneurs from Maharashtra). This book has been purchased by Govt. of Maharashtra as a reference book for the government libraries across the state.
- Smita Dabholkar (2016). "Grahak Peth - A cooperative retail store with a difference". Published by The Case Centre (Ref. no. 816-0065-1) Teaching note(Ref no. 8160065-8).
Dr. Smita Dabholkar delivered a talk (book review) on Peter Senge's Fifth Discipline at Vidarbha Industries Association Nagpur. VIA Nagpur is celebrating it's Golden Jubilee this year. This talk was the first in the five lecture series titled, "Readership Gap. if any" by Dr. Dabholkar from May to Sept 2014, specially organized as a part of the Golden jubilee celebrations.
Area of Interests
Managing Change, Training, Motivation, Individual and Team interventions and Psychology of Entrepreneurs and Emotional Intelligence.
- Emotional intelligence, Team Building, Transactional Analysis, Appreciative Inquiry, Competency mapping, Visioning, Stress Management, Organizational Citizenship Behavior
- Training and Development
- Organization Development
- Business Communication
Part-time & consulting Engagements
- Assessment Centre for ACC Cement(2009)
- Served in the capacity of a Psychologist on HPCL panel (2009-2010)
- Conducted and delivered management sessions at Public Health Institute ( PHI, Nagpur) for five years. The training program was titled, "Professional Development Course" for Senior Medical Officers, Govt. of Maharashtra and Goa.(2006-2011)
- Trainer and interventionist with Esource (a job portal) for a year(2010)
- Consultant to various schools and colleges in the region.(2008-2011)
- Convener HRD Forum of Vidarbha Industries Association (VIA), Nagpur(2009 till date)
- Columnist with "Tarun Bharat" (a Marathi daily news paper). Contributed articles in the area of Psychology.(2010 till date)
Membership of professional Bodies :
life member of NIPM and a Rotarian
Professional Engagements :
- Talk at Vidarbha Industries Association on the Book "The Human Side of Enterprise".
- Talk at Vidarbha Industries Association on the Book "Reading plays vital role in shaping destiny".