OB & HRM
Dr. Vinit Singh Chauhan
Associate ProfessorOrganizational Behavior Phone No.: +91-712-2805150, Email (@imtnag.ac.in) : vschauhan
- Ph.D. (Management) in 2003 form Institute Management Studies, Indore.
- MA (Psychology) in 1994 from Devi Ahilya University, Indore
- B.Sc. (Biology) in 1992 from Holkar Science College, Indore
Work Experience : 18 years (Academics - 14 yrs + Industry - 4 yrs)
- Asst. Prof, Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur since August 10
- Reader, Prestige Institute of Management and Research, Indore (Oct '09- Aug'10)
- Head Training & Development, Grasim Industries Ltd, (Aug'07- Oct' 09 at).
- Reader, (Last designated as) Prestige Institute of Management and Research, Indore. (Jul'02-Aug'07)
- Lecturer (Last designated as) at Institute Management Studies, Indore (June'96-Aug'02)
- Executive at JLW Ltd, Mumbai (june 1994-May 1996)
- Journal Papers:
- Effect of Personal and Situational variables on Managerial Effectiveness: An Empirical Study. International Journal of Management, 19(1), 27-37.
- Factorial Constitution of Managerial Effectiveness: Re-examining an Instrument in Indian context. Journal of Managerial Psychology, 20 (2). 164 - 177
- Managerial Effectiveness as a Function of Culture and Tolerance of Ambiguity: A Cross-Cultural Study of India and Fiji. International Employment Relations Review, 15 (1), 73.
- Creativity and Training: An overview, Prestige Journal Management and Research, 1 (1).
- Management Case Studies: :
- Kalka Standards Mills in Whirlpool. (ECCH Case Ref. No. 406-031-1).
- Brand Positioning: A case of Rajaji Palace, (ECCH Case Ref. No.506-067-1)
- Om Prakash at Cross Roads. In PIMR monograph series, Cases in Management: Indian Experiences, 13/2005, 57-60
- Nagin Bhai: A Smart Entrepreneur (Panjon Ltd.). The case was developed from the grant received by Indian School of Business, Hyderabad
- Moving up the Ladder: The Creative Way. Prestige Journal Management and Research, 10 (1-2), 175-177.
- Ownership Paradoxes. In PIMR monograph series, Cases in Management: Indian Experiences, 23/2010, 30-31.
- Working Papers : :
- Managerial Effectiveness as a Function of Culture and Tolerance of Ambiguity: A Cross-Cultural Study of India and Fiji. Working Paper Series, School of Management, Victoria University, Working Paper No. 14, 2006.
- Organizational Climate, Tolerance of Ambiguity and Learned Helplessness as correlates of Managerial Effectiveness and Managerial Creativity". Published by Indian Institute of Management, Ahemdabad (INDIA), W.P.No.99-11-02, Nov. 1999.
- Popular Articles : :
- Trinity: The Modern day manager, Free Press, Indore.
- Choosing the best of b-schools, Free Press, Indore.
- Papers presented in National and International Conferences: :
- Paper titled "A study of Managerial Effectiveness as related to certain Personal and Situational variables" presented at 1999 Annual R&D Management Conference: R & D as a Business hosted by Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR, New Delhi) with Manchester Business School.
- Paper titled Employee Turnover in IT Sector: A Factorial Study presented at Eighth PIMR National Conference Going Global: Changing Strategies of Winning Organisations.
- Paper titled " Managerial Creativity and Job Anxiety as antecedents of Effectiveness : An Exploratory Study presented at JKLU-CoM-2013: CONFERENCE on "Management Innovations: Challenges and Opportunities for Sustainable Development".
Area of Interests
Managerial Effectiveness and Competency Development .
Phone No.: +91-712-+91-712-2805150,
Email (@imtnag.ac.in): vschauhan