Prof. Anil Kshatriya
Finance & AccountingPhone No.: +91-712-2805118 Email (@imtnag.ac.in) : akshatriya
- PhD (Expected 2017) in the area of Accounting, Symbiosis International University (SIU)
- ACMA, Institute of Cost Accountants of India (2006)
- ACMA, Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (2011)
- UGC-NET with Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in Commerce (2010)
- M.A Economics, Pune University (2012)
- B.Com with Applied Statistics specialization, Pune University (2005)
Academic Unit - Finance Area
- Management Accounting
- Financial Accounting
- Business Strategy
- Activity Based Costing and Management (ABCM)
- Strategic Management & Control
- Management Control Systems
- Performance Management
Research and Publications
- “Payment Banks and Changing Financial Services Landscape in India” with Shashank Agarwal, CMA WIRC Bulletin, March 2017.
- “Maturity of Cost Management Systems in Organizations” with Rajendra Patil, Journal of Applied Management Accounting Research (2017), January Issue.
- “The Cost Conundrum” (2016), Indian Management, Vol. 55 Issue 11, November 2016.
- "Turning Cost Advantage into Strategic Advantage", Financial Management (2016), July Issue, 10-12. (Published by CIMA UK)
- "Managing the Mentor-Mentee Relationship" with Anil Joshi, The Smart Manager (2016), July-Aug Issue, Vol. 15, 63-65.
- "Lesson for the Big Boys" with Ajeet Khurana, Indian Management (2016), July Issue, Vol.55, 39-41.
- "Revisiting Reinvestment Rate", Anil Kshatriya and Kunal Khairnar, Management Accountant Journal, May 2016.
- Cost Accounting in the Age of Pricing, BW Business World, April 2016.
- Balancing the Social Balance Sheet, Business Today, May 2016.
- Role of Cost Management in Strategy Formulation, CIMA Edge Newsletter, April 2016.
- Is it Time to Transform Cost Accounting Profession, CMA WIRC Bulletin, May 2016.
- Building a Culture of Cost Consciousness in SMEs, SME World, June 2016.
- Role of Effective Cost Management in the Global Economy”, Samvad (2013), Volume - VI, Pages 41-49, ISSN 2249-1880.
- “Growing with the Masses: A New Approach to Bottom of the Pyramid” with Vivek Sane, Samvad (2011), Vol 3. pp. 7-12.
- “ Competition Driven Team Building” Samvad (2011), Vol. 2, pp. 43-45.
Contributions in E-Magazines:
- 6 Lessons Entrepreneurs Can Teach US, CGMA Magazine, February 2017.
- “5 Ways Business Schools can Fuel the Spirit of Entrepreneurship”, Entrepreneur.com, May 2016.
Newspaper Articles Published:
- What accountants need to know about India’s demonetization, Interviewed by Chris Seedy for CPA Insider (AICPA), February 2017
- “Breaking Down the Walls of Classrooms”, The Huffington Post, June 2016.
- “The True Cost of a Glass of Sugarcane Juice”, The Huffington Post, May 2016.
- Understanding Capital Budgeting Decisions(Case ID: FIN-6-0029, Teaching Note ID - FIN-6-0029A)
- VICCO LABORATORIES: Designing a Strategic Road Map (2016). Published by ET Cases (Case ID : STG-2-0032, Teaching Note ID : STG-2-0032A)
- Hozford Inc.: Challenges Of Setting-Up a Research & Development Facility in India (2016). Published by ET Cases (Case ID : STG-2-0031, Teaching Note ID : STG-2-0031A).
- Sugandh Shoppe: A Small Entrepreneur's Forward Integration Strategy (2016). Published by ET Cases (Case ID : ENTP-1-0012, Teaching Note ID : ENTP-1-0012A)
- Anil Kshatriya and Dr. Bhama Venkataramani, 'A Study on Adoption of Activity Based Costing in India', Monash University's 12th International Conference on Quality, Innovation & Knowledge Management (QIK) 14-17 February 2016.
- Anil Kshatriya, Kunal Khairnar and Ashok Kanetkar (2013), Revisiting the Reinvestment Rate, CERE 2013 9-12 May 2013, IIM Indore
- Anil Kshatriya, Kunal Khairnar and Ashok Kanetkar (2012), "Review of Reinvestment Rate assumption in Capital Budgeting Decisions" International Workshop on Computational & Financial Econometrics (CFE 2012), Dec 27-29 2012, VGSOM - Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur.
- Anil Kshatriya (2011), "Circle of Influence: A case of women entrepreneurship in a SME", IMT-Nagpur's 2nd International Case Conference, 3-5 November 2011, Goa.
- Anil Kshatriya (2011), "Competition Driven Team Building", 2nd International Conference on Management of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMECON-2011), IMT Nagpur, 19-20 August 2011, Nagpur.
- Anil Kshatriya and Vinod Shastri (2011), "Using Assessments Meaningfully- Use of assignments to facilitate entrepreneurship education", National Conference on Excellence in Higher Education, IIT Delhi, 1-3 April 2011, Delhi.
- Anil Kshatriya (2010), "Culture and Ethics - A Perspective on Indian Business Values", 3rd International Cross-Cultural Conference, University of Jammu, 2-4 March 2011, Jammu.
- IMT-Nagpur, Assistant Professor, Since April 2013.
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Manaement (SIBM),Pune, Assistant Professor, July 2009-March 2013.
- Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., Deputy Manager - Accounts, June 2007-June 2009.
Corporate Training Experience
- Taught 'Financial Accounting & Reporting', Management Accounting' and 'Corporate Finance' to middle and senior management executives through Management Development Programmes at L&T (LDA-Lonavla), John Deere, IBM, Cybage Software and Eclerx.
Achievements and Awards
- Recipient of 'Silver Medal' in ICWA, Level - II (Intermediate) Examination for securing 7th Rank at National Level.
Phone No. +91-712-2805118
Email (@imtnag.ac.in): akshatriya