Prof. Sayan Banerjee
Associate ProfessorEconomics Phone No.: +91-712-2805154
Email (@imtnag.ac.in) : sbanerjee
- Ph.D from NMIMS, Mumbai (Deemed University) (Pursuing)
- MSc.(Economics), with Specialization in International Trade, University of Calcutta ,Kolkata ( 1999)
- B.Sc. (Economics) with Mathematics and Political Science, University of Calcutta ,Kolkata ( 1997)
- Qualified National Educational Test (NET) for Lectureship, conducted by the UGC in 1999.
- 2010, participant of Global Colloquium on Participation Centered Learning (GCPCL), Harvard Business School, Boston, MA.
- Economics of Globalization and Multinational Corporations
- Macroeconomics Principles and Policies
- Industrial Economics and Competitive Strategy
- Business Environment
- Micro Finance, Political Economics, Macroeconomic Policy Analysis
Research and Publications
- 'Financial Condition Index: Could it be a Better Policy Instrument for Identifying Financial Risks for an Economy" at the 28th European Conference on Operational Research held in Poznan, Poland, July, 2016.
- 'Personality Factors for Non-Deceptive Counterfeiting Luxury Brand: A Study of Indian Consumers' (co-authored by Dr. Vibhav Srivastav) at the International Colloquium on Business and Management (ICBM), Bangkok organized by Sultan Qaboos University in July,2012
- 'Dealing with Fiscal Deficit: Tough Choices for Finance Minister' at the 2nd International Case Conference, Goa, organized by IMT, Nagpur in November, 2011.
- 'Challenges in marketing of renewable energy products :A focused study on solar energy in India' (co-authored by Dr. Bhavin J Shah) at the 4th SIMSR-Asia International Marketing conference organized by KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai in January,2009
- 'Micro-Finance in India: Rural Micro-Credit, Role of Government and Appropriate Regulatory Framework' at a two day National Conference organized by St Joseph's College (Autonomous) Post Graduate Department Of Economics, Bangalore in January,2009
- 'Pertinent Issues in Micro-financing: Rural Micro-Credit, Role of Government and Appropriate Regulatory Framework' at ANVESH a national level doctoral conference organized by Nirma University, Ahmedabad in April, 2007
- Case study "Group On the Move- A Success story of Rajiv Group of Companies" published by the ECCH (Ref. No. 308-170-1),2008
Articles : :
- The Value of Domestic Currency : How Does It Matter? (The Hitavada, 23rd Sep, 2013, page 11)
- Associate Professor - Economics, Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur since July 2014
- Assistant Professor - Economics, Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur June 2011- June,2014
- Senior Lecturer - B.K. Majumdar Institute of Business Administration (HLBBA), Ahmedabad (November 2000 - September 2007)
- Academic Associate , Indian Institute of Management (IIM)-Ahmedabad, (July, 2000-November, 2000)
Part-time & consulting Engagements
- October -December, 2014, Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Ghaziabad
- September 2005-March, 2007, Indian Institute of Planning and Management (IIPM)-Ahmedabad
- June 2009- April, 2010, Indian Institute of Planning and Management (IIPM), Mumbai
- June -September, 2005, Indian Institute of Modern Management- Pune
- June,-September, 2005, Indian Centre Human Resource Management and Development, Pune
- June-September, 2006, Disha Institute of Management and Technology, Raipur
- September, 2005-September, 2007, H.L.Centre for Professional Education, Ahmedabad
Consultancy and In-Company Corporate Training
- Asian Paints Ltd., 4 day residential Management Development Program at IMT-Nagpur (2015-16)
- NTPC Limited, 6 day Management Development Program at IMT-Nagpur (2012-13).
- RPG Enterprise, Leadership development Programme (2009-2011)
- L&T Industries, Supervisor Development Programme (2010-2011)
- Mercedes Benz Research and Development Unit, India (2010)
- Dr. Reddy's Lab, Hyderabad (2009)
- Accenture, Bangalore(2008)
- Zydus Cadila Pharmaceuticals Limited, Ahmedabad (2009)
Achievements and Awards
Conferred with the Award of Best Faculty at IIPM-Ahmedabad twice for outstanding academic contribution (2005-06 and 2006-07).
Phone No.: +91-712-2805154
Email (@imtnag.ac.in): sbanerjee